iPad 2 – Mural
In addition to being painted in time with the release of Apple’s iPad 2, this mural showcases the many colours of cases available for the device.
254 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, ON
This is an advertising wall that has been painted for many many years now. Some bylaws in Toronto state that a wall can not have a banner ad on it. So the wall then needs to be hand painted. This wall is held by the advertising company formerly known as TITAN, now known as Ceislok media.
The ad campaign for the iPad was to showcase the different colors of the iPad covers.
Painting the covers was the easiest part of this job. Mind you it wasn’t a walk in the park in order to paint the covers we used the straight edge a lot. The covers have a lot of grooves in it. So we used a level and make long straight lines, then we taped off the lines to achieve a razor edge. This straight edge painted gives the perception of a groove. When given a highlight the groove appears three dimensional.
There was also a reflection of the covers on the surface that they were sitting on. This we chose to do it in a rather unconventional way. We painted in fully the mirrored image of the covers. Funny our rep for the wall when he would come by was very concerned about this mirroring and could not wrap his head around the approach. We assured him everything would be ok. After we painted in the fully mirrored covers we then sprayed the bottom of the mirrored side, as we sprayed the bottom we gradually lessened the amount of paint that we applied to the wall. So after we were done we achieved the desired effect of a reflection of the covers on the surface. One thing that was unusual was we used an airless sprayer to do this job. The reason we chose this tool was the size of the reflections and we are very seasoned in using the sprayer. Generally, the sprayer is not something you used to do artistic renderings, the usual approach would have been to use an HVLP or an airbrush.
Another interesting part of this job was the water drops.On the background of the home screen of the iPad.There were many different shapes and sizes of the water drops, we had a stencil made of only the outside circle of the drops. Once the stencil was on the wall we then sprayed one side very delicately this then gave the impression of a water drop.
Sometimes it is amazing what a little bit of color in the right area can do to trick the eye, the eye loves to be tricked.
About the iPad 2
iPads perform exceptionally but are also very delicate and therefore require protection. Many people may not know why they need a cover for their device or even know some of the things that a cover can protect the device from. Everyone should be aware how important a cover is especially with new age devices that have glass on the front and the back.
You do not want the lifespan of your iPad to be determined by how long it will take before you drop it and it breaks. A cover is, therefore, necessary; it will not only protect the screen from breaking when the iPad falls but also:
- Protect from dust. When you are on the move and using your iPad especially during dusty seasons, you need protection from dust. Sand at the beach should also not deter you from getting the work done because, with a good cover, there is no worry.
- When you are using the iPad outdoors in the sun, it is important that you have protection for the iPad because direct sun rays are not very friendly. In such a case, an iPad cover comes in handy.
- Maintain the smooth texture of the screen. If there is no cover for your iPad, it is more likely to get scratches from rough surfaces. These scratches take away the beauty of the iPad, and they could even lead to your tossing out the device while it still performs great
- It helps with easy identification. Many people get covers that are unique to them regarding design, color and even the text on the cover. This can help you quickly identify your iPad if, for example, the whole family’s devices are on the table.
- It adds to the value of the device. The range of colors is fantastic, and when you choose the color that you prefer, the iPad looks even better. It is physically attractive because of the cover
Choosing an iPad case is easy, ensure that it is something unique to you and appealing because it is the first thing you will always see when you want to use the device.
iPad 2 “Covers” mural
It is a colorful mural that showcases the different colors of iPad cases available. Colors make everything beautiful, and everyone has their color of choice. From the variety of cases available, all you need to do is pick the color that best matches you and your personality.
The covers are from silicone that enhances their protective nature. They are considered smart covers because of their design and capabilities. One case may not be enough; you may want more colors to match your outfit for the day, your office, and home desks or even your mood. There is no limit to how many you can purchase because as the mural shows, there is a variety of colors.
An iPad case may not have been important to many, but the strategic positioning of the painting, the appealing colors of the covers and the protective benefits that come with it make it hard to ignore.